Saturday, July 14, 2007

Tetons

Well, I suppose there could be far worse places to be stranded for a few days than Jackson, Wyoming. While I had really wanted to photograph the new sites of Glacier and Banff, it was not so bad revisiting the Grand Tetons again...after all, they happen to be perhaps the most picturesque mountain range in the entire country!

So, we decided to make the most of it. Since the KOA had good internet and cell phone service, I continued working and postponed my vacation days a while longer, then used the weekend days to go sightseeing and shoot pictures.

The first weekend was spent exploring the Grand Tetons. Here is the familiar old Mormon barn...



and horses and mules....


bison grazing....




I had read in my photo books that a good place to spot wildlife would be at Oxbow Bend, so one early morning I drove up there to discover a bull moose preparing to go for a little swim! What an amazing sight to watch.



Colter Bay was one of our favorite stops in the park, not only for views like this one overlooking Jackson Lake, but also for their terrific food court! National Park food concessions are normally not anything remarkable, but the one at Colter Bay served outstanding fresh organic southwestern cuisine. So, we made it a point to stop there a few times for meals.



Two of my very favorite images from the Tetons:

A meadow of lupines overlooking the Teton range...



and this mountain reflection in a beaver pond...



No comments: