Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Off to Greener Pastures!


A month ago, I posted T@Bitu for sale with the desire to not let her spend another lonely summer at the storage lot. I got a number of inquiries from far and wide-- one couple even drove all the way from Houston to come see her (they'd never seen a T@B before, and unfortunately realized it was not going to be the kind of trailer they'd be happy with-- they actually were looking for something SMALLER!).

This was also my first time posting something for sale to Craigslist. As expected, I did get a fair share of "spam" and fraudster kind of replies. Fortunately, I set up a new gmail account to handle all of that stuff, but some of them were pretty crazy--- one email told me they wished to pay my full asking price sight unseen-- all I had to do was send them my PayPal account information (yeah, right!). Another said my T@B looked perfect, but they had found this other one cheaper and gave me a hyperlink to click that then wanted my Craigslist login and password (uh huh, sure!). Yet another, inquired like a normal person, but then sent me a "form letter" kind of email with all sorts of grammatical errors and odd sentences (sort of like the old Nigerian bank account scam, so again, "no way, Jose' !").

About a week ago, mixed in with all these crazy inquiries was one from a very nice young couple from Wisconsin. They came down to see the T@B and ended up making an offer that same night. T@Bitu got everything she ever wanted in her new owners-- they love to camp, had been tent campers who were looking to upgrade and appreciate all the T@B's comfy features, and were excited at the prospect of longer cross-country trips. To top it off, they have a nice matching silver car to match the T@B's exterior, and also have a nice light brown dog about the same size as Millie who will be right at home with the T@B's tan interior!

Today, I gave the new owners a crash course in T@B operations, and then got T@Bitu hitched up to their shiney new hitch ball, and off she went to her loving new home! Happy camping to T@Bitu and her new owners for many years to come!

Meanwhile, I'm still planning to attend future T@B rallies with my remaining T@B trailer....and this one really IS a small T@B!


I'll probably just post future updates to my Winnie Views blog from here on out, so be sure to "Follow" me there to hear about my first "post T@B" T@B rally next month!

2 comments:

Tom and Juliet said...

Lynne, congrats on the View and the new adventures. Your T@B blog was a big help for us when we bought our T@B for a big cross-country trip in 2009. Like you, we've moved onto bigger things (a vintage Airstream Argosy.) All the best.

Lynne (WinnieViews) said...

How neat! Love old Airstreams!