Sunday, September 24, 2006

What are the chances?

On my return drive of Hwy. 550, I had stopped to take some photos, and as I walked back to my car, this hippie hiker asked if I'd take his picture. Sure, why not! He gave me a business card, and asked me to email the photo to him and said "God Bless You!". Well, I didn't think to much of it, until about a week later when I got home and was preparing to email him his picture.

It turns out, he was on a mission to WALK coast to coast to raise money to help kids with cancer. He wasn't some hobo or hippie, but a married man with 6 children, one of whom had cancer. So, I made a donation to his site.

Well, here's the weird part---- we actually had quite a few similarities. Our last names were nearly identical (Barden and Braden); he was originally from Libertyville, IL (where my company is located), and we both share the same birthday--- March 11.

How weird is that! I bet we probably had other similarities had I taken the time to stop and talk to him a while longer. I'll stop to read the book next time rather than just judge it's cover.

This was the scene I had stopped to photograph:

No comments: